We are a leading visual arts organisation and our mission is to deliver world-class art in Liverpool that is accessible and inspires.
We work in partnership with internationally renowned artists and cultural organisations to commission and produce world-class art and to create opportunities for the public to engage with the work. We engage and inspire diverse audiences and communities with what we do in ways that harness the creativity of local people to build and share their skills. We are the place where people, art and technology meet. Each year we welcome over 250,000 people to our building and our Learning Programme has over 10,000 interactions with young people and adults from across Merseyside.
As a charity, we rely on our trustees to set the strategy and direction of travel for the organisation, ensuring it is in line with our charitable objectives. We are seeking five new board members, and are particularly keen to hear from applicants with skills or experience in:
- Working as an artist
- Curation and/or production in digital arts and/or film
- Working internationally
- Audience development and marketing
- Visitor experience and customer engagement
- Building management
- Environmental sustainability
- Finance and capital projects
- Business development and fundraising
- Organisational change
As a board member, you would be expected to:
- Support the work of FACT by contributing knowledgeably to strategy development and planning
- Ensure the charity understands and fulfils its legal and governance responsibilities
- Advocate for, and raise the profile of FACT, and to extend our networks for fundraising
- Fulfil any other functions of board membership, such as director recruitment, holding management to account, and representing FACT at key events
DEADLINE: MON 29 APRIL 2019
If you are interested in becoming a member of our board, we would be delighted to hear from you!
Please send a CV or summary of your experience and a statement setting out what you would bring to FACT to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview with Rachel Higham, our Chair, on Wednesday 15 May, which coincides with the date of our next Board meeting.