Director, Full Time
Merseyside Dance Initiative (MDI) is a strategic, dance development organisation situated in Liverpool. We develop dance as an art form and as transformational community practice.
We are recruiting a full time Director. This is the leadership position at MDI, driving the development of a new direction for the organisation which integrates a new artistic vision and strategic management plan with the aim of creating a new organisation in partnership with others. This will involve working closely with the existing Board of MDI to ensure the organisation is a catalyst in the partnership and promotion of dance excellence and leadership for Merseyside locally, nationally and internationally.
We are looking for someone with:
• A high degree of credibility, respect and profile across the cultural sector
• Understanding, knowledge and experience of dance in and beyond the UK
• A track record of artistic leadership and senior management in the arts
MDI is at a pivotal point and the post holder will be joining the team in an important and exciting time in the organisation’s development. Creating a new vision for the organisation moving forward will be integral to this post.
Deadline: Monday 3 December (5pm)
Interviews: Friday 7 December
1. Salary: £39,002 – £42,806
2. Type of Contract offered: Permanent
3. Hours: 35 hours per week
4. Holiday entitlement: 20 days per annum + statutory holidays