Are you a product designer or a craftsperson? Do you have creative ideas youd like to see go into production? Maybe you want to find new markets for one offs or perhaps you are simply looking for opportunities to apply your creativity and design skills…
5ml may have the solution for you to find work globally….
We are three designer makers moving forward with our products to reach a broader market of consumers. We have set up a brand called 5ml which exists as a testing ground for designer makers with good ideas to find the right markets for them to grow their sales revenue. Ilsa Parry and Michael Cloke were the finalists from the Philippe Starck design for life show aired on BBC2 last year we passionately believe in supporting the UK design scene to achieve the success it deserves, and we have teamed up with talented furniture maker Tom Sutton to make this happen.
We recently had a very successful trade show in Pulse at earls court london attracting buyers from across the globe. Our next venture is Liverpool design festival in November and we are set to go international if this is as profitable. In effect we exist as an affordable sales platform for talented creatives to meet serious buyers. We are currently seeking to involve and support more designer makers through this profitable and affordable process.
It works like this in 5 simple steps:
1. Designer emails us to express an interest in us representing them at a national or international tradeshow to generate sales leads, production opportunities and design work (email@example.com)
2. We invite the designer to apply
3. We select designers based on their commercial suitability for a particular show and we actively market their products, their skillsets and generate leads on their behalf
4. the designer contributes a small amount of money towards marketing materials and the cost of the stand
5. Designer finds work, new markets, new contacts and makes money without the hassle and expense of the trade show!
Its the 5ml solution – simple, sustainable and smart!
We are now actively recruiting for international show Maison et Objet in Paris September 2010 and also Liverpool Design Festival November 2010 – want to get involved?
Please email for more info firstname.lastname@example.org