Deputy Stage Manager
(Fixed Term contract PAID position – August 2016 – September 2016)
Liverpool Empire Theatre – Creative Learning
The Liverpool Empire Creative Learning Department is seeking an experienced DSM with excellent organisational skills to work on the Liverpool Empire Creative Learning Summer Production of West Side Story. Rehearsals 8th -17th August and Peformance dates 18th – 20thAugust 2016.
Our annual Summer Youth production makes a vital contribution to our venue’s Creative Learning programme. Youth Theatre encourages active engagement between young people and the Arts, nurtures relationships within our local community and provides participants with an exciting performance opportunity. We take great pride in offering young people from across the Merseyside area open access to our prestigious stage, our first class in-house production team, and of course, Creative team. Whilst our Youth Theatre performances have helped to develop talented future professionals; the emphasis for our participants is always on fun, working as a team and celebrating success.
With a company of 80 young people aged 11 – 21, we a need a DSM with energy, commitment and vision to bring West Side Story to life in one of the UK’s largest two tier auditoriums.
We are looking for an individual with DSM experience of working with large companies within a limited rehearsal schedule. Strong organisational skills, a proactive attitude and an imaginative approach to staging will be key to your success.
The Deputy Stage Manager will be responsible for calling the show in a responsible and safe manner. Working with the director in rehearsals, the Deputy Stage Manager will compile and complete an accurate prompt script to be used throughout the run.
- The DSM will be responsible for assisting the Director during rehearsals.
- During performances and on stage rehearsals to be responsible for calling the show.
- To complete and maintain thorough show reports.
- Call all relevant people to the stage.
- Maintain communication with the acting company and relay any issues to the Stage Manager.
- Create a prompt script and score through presence in rehearsals and by communication with the Director, Lighting Designer, Composer, Choreographer or any other creative team members.
- Maintain excellent communication between the rehearsal room and the rest of the organisation, by the use of rehearsal notes and Production Meetings. Particularly with matters relating to Health & Safety and which directly affect other departments.
- Ensure that Health & Safety legislation is adhered to and that safe working practices are observed in the rehearsal room and on site.
- To deputise for the Stage Manager in their absence.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required in the course of your duties or as instructed by the Producers from time to time.
- To hold or being willing to obtain a DBS certificate.
Please send completed application forms to:
Natalie Flynn, Creative Learning Manager
Natalieflynn@theambassadors.com, Liverpool Empire Theatre, Lime Street, Liverpool L1 1JE
Application forms are available from the ATG web site at www.atgtickets.com/jobs
Thursday 21st July 2016
Interviews will take place in Liverpool wk commencing 25th July and 1st August 2016.
ATG strives to be an equal opportunities employer