Deadline: Monday 25 April 2016 12:00
Salary: £39,584 – £47,987
Level: Senior management
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Director of Estates, the post holder will:
- Make NML’s estate accessible, safe and secure servicing the needs of our visitors, staff and collections and promoting excellent service to the public.
- Assist the Director of Estates in developing an Estates Strategy and associated work programmes to support corporate objectives and ensuring the best and most efficient use of the estate within allocated resources.
- Assisting the Director of Estates in providing a high level of specialist support and advice and a consistently high quality of facilities management across the estate working with colleagues across the organisation to service the needs of the buildings and collections and c. 3.5m visitors per year.
- Ensure that NML’s buildings comply with statutory requirements, building regulations, licences and professional standards, working with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that policies and procedures are current and relevant.
- Assist in the development of the estate and the delivery of capital development works from funding application stage to on site delivery.
- Day to day operational management of the estates functions including building operations, building inspections and surveying, electrical maintenance and mechanical maintenance and management of staff and external contractors.
- Operational management of the production team of joiners, electricians and technician
- Manage strategies and practices and to ensure that energy management and sustainability is at the forefront of any estates developments and are in line with Government policies and initiatives.
- Ensure that the procurement and management of utilities supply contracts obtain best value for money for NML.
- Contribute to the strategic development of NML acting as an active member of NML’s Senior Management Team and participating in or leading cross-disciplinary project teams
- Raise the profile of the museums and enhance National Museums Liverpool’s professional standing within the museums community nationally
- Manage allocated staff in the division, directing and motivating the staff team to ensure high levels of performance in line with corporate objectives.
- Maintain a close view of the estate and provide advice to the Director of Estates to ensure that appropriate standards of care are maintained and that the buildings are developed in line with corporate strategies.
- Maintain high standards of building care working closely with the Director of Estates, Venue Directors, Visitor Services and collections services staff.
- Manage a planned programme of building improvements/ capital projects
- Manage and implement programmes of work to enhancement and improve the estate ensuring accessibility, sustainability and a broad appeal to audiences
- To explore and develop partnership opportunities to enhance the work of the division including with universities and other academic institutions; national/regional/international agencies and community groups
- Manage and control the allocated budget to ensure that Financial Regulations are met and that resources are appropriately deployed in line with corporate priorities and projects and the agreed budget in year.
- Manage forward job plans of allocated staff and ensure that staff time and expertise are aligned to deliver corporate objectives and public benefit.
- To work with other members of the Collections and Estate Senior Management Team to develop plans and programmes of works for buildings care, service development, income generation and other NML-wide projects and initiatives.
For full details, visit the website.