Conference and Events Manager
18 months fixed term
Salary – Up to £30,000 dependent on experience, plus a performance- related bonus
The Thackray Medical Museum (hereafter TMM) is one of the UK’s largest medical museums, telling the story of medical history and innovation. Since opening in 1997 in the former Leeds Union Workhouse (Grade II listed), the museum has welcomed over 1 million visitors.
As well as housing the Museum galleries, the building also hosts a café, gift shop and a conference suite. All of these are important sources of income which support Museum activity and should be maximised to ensure that the TMM is a sustainable and independent entity.
The TMM is currently working on a major redevelopment project which will entail capital work to undertake repairs to the building roof, will rejuvenate our galleries, and will re-orientate our visitors to ensure we maximise the outcomes of their experience, be it for leisure, learning, conference or other visits.
The post-holder is expected:
- To contribute to the TMM growth and success through the development and expansion of commercial activities, as well as to seek new and innovative ways to generate profitable income to support the TMM’s core charitable activities.
- In particular, to increase the financial return from venue hire, events and catering.
- To devise marketing campaigns to support the development of new business.
- To manage the Conference & Events team
– Closing date for applications – Friday 12th August
– Dates for interview – Monday 22 and Tuesday 23 August
– Closing dates for questions relevant to role – Wednesday 27th July (tight timescale due to staff holidays)