Community Programme Lead Artist / Choreographer, Cheshire Dance
- Closes 24th March 2019
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£40k-50k pro rata)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheshire Dance is to appoint an experienced Lead Artist / Choreographer for Now Northwich – an outdoor community festival taking place in October with a recorded footfall of 26,000 in 2018. This commission will begin in April 2019 and will run until December 2019.
The successful candidate will create a vision for this community programme and will deliver:
- Research of target area and the groups involved.
- Creation of a brief for groups following the identification of key themes, ideas and approach(es).
- A one-day CPD workshop to leaders of all participating groups.
- Visits to each participating group (max 10) at various intervals throughout the creative process to support and inform the work being made.
- Monitor and ensure the high quality of work and implementation of an in-depth process for group leaders/artists and performers.
- Work with Cheshire Dance, the Community Programme Coordinator and groups to identify performance sites, curate the performance journey / timeline / programming and support on-site rehearsals prior to the event.
- Support the community programme on the day of the event and engage with key festival stakeholders and funders.
- Support & contribute to the evaluation of the community programme.
With this post, our aim is to see this as Year One of a 2 year programme, with the community engagement in 2019 leading to an ambitious community and professional commission for NOW Northwich in 2020. This represents a significant shift from the Year One programme and the artist would be working to form a project company of professional and community dancers. Therefore, the artist we work with this year will have time to research fully and to connect with local groups and people before developing a proposal for a bespoke, commissioned site-specific piece for 2020 – subject to funding.
Experience / Requirements:
- Extensive experience working with community dance groups in diverse settings and styles.
- Extensive experience making high quality performance work with community and professional dancers.
- Extensive experience working on outdoors / site-specific dance projects.
- A track record of working in partnership with commissioning organisations and a desire to engage with Cheshire Dance and key festival stakeholders.
Find out more at www.cheshiredance.org/NOWNorthwich/index.html