Deadline: Friday 6 November 2015.
Freelance Community Engagement Officer: People’s heritage: developing audiences and visitor experience at Albert Dock, Liverpool
Job title: Community Engagement Officer
Fee: £9 900 (ex VAT)
Hours: Part time contract based
Contract dates: Approx 14 months commencing November 2015
Interview date: Week beginning 9 November 2015
Albert Dock is the UK’s largest grouping of Grade I listed buildings, situated on the world-famous Liverpool waterfront, within the UNESCO World Heritage Site Liverpool: Maritime Mercantile City. Albert Dock attracts more than 5m visits each year.
Albert Dock is a mixed-use complex consisting of leading cultural attractions such as Tate Liverpool, Merseyside Maritime Museum and the International Slavery Museum; residential properties; office accommodation and bars, restaurants and retail.
The aim of this project is to increase the engagement of local people with Albert Dock’s history and heritage, while also providing improved heritage interpretation for all visitors, contributing to the success of Albert Dock as an all-year-around attraction.
This project will deliver audience development activity and heritage interpretation on behalf of Gower Street Estates Ltd (Albert Dock Liverpool).
The Community Engagement Officer for the project ‘People’s heritage: developing audiences and visitor experience at Albert Dock, Liverpool’ will be responsible for the delivery of all aspects of audience development and community engagement activity and outcomes.
This role is offered on a freelance basis, the postholder being responsible for all tax, insurances etc.
This opportunity is offered on a fixed fee basis.
The postholder will report to the Project Manager.
1. Successful delivery of the audience development and community engagement activities and outcomes of the project People’s heritage: developing audiences and visitor experience at Albert Dock, Liverpool’.
2. Undertaking visitor/non-visitor evaluation.
3. Recruitment and co-ordination of community participants for activities.
4. Liaison with community participants regarding activity opportunities.
5. Co-ordination of local history workshops, with delivery partners and Project Curator.
6. Support for community exhibition development.
7. Co-ordination of heritage walks for local communities, in liaison with tour guides.
8. Co-ordination of Heritage Festival in September 2016, with Project Curator.
9. Co-ordination and delivery family event series with delivery partners.
10. Co-ordination of community consultation for the App to inform final content and function.
11. Evaluation of community activities and provision of data to Project Manager for final report.
Skills and Qualifications:
– This postholder will be experienced in audience development and community engagement in the heritage sector, with at least 3 years minimum experience.
– Experience of setting up and managing community engagement projects, essential.
– Experience of working with volunteers, essential.
– Experience of heritage project evaluation, including visitor evaluation, essential.
– Experience of managing events desirable, although not essential.
– A familiarity with delivery of HLF projects desirable, although not essential.
– experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders, desirable, although not essential.
– experience of advocacy and marketing, desirable, although not essential.
Applications should include:
– A CV including previous employment history
– Names and contact details of 2 referees including one (if relevant) from current client/employer.
– A short paper outlining your understanding of the challenges and opportunities for community engagement, volunteers, audience development and learning at Albert Dock.
– A fee proposal including a daily rate figure and an estimate of the number of days required to deliver the project between appointment and the end of the project in 2016.
Contact Project Manager, John Williams: email@example.com
1001 The Lock
41 Whitworth Street West
Manchester M1 5BE
0161 237 9539
Please quote University of Leicester, Museum Studies Jobs Desk in your application.
For full details, visit the website.