Communications and Development Internship
We are keen to offer a good range of opportunities for personal and professional development to the successful candidates. Working closely with the Development and Communications Team, we will seek to shape internships that will offer them the best value and experience on a range of tasks including:
- Marketing and Communications: Assisting in the planning and implementation of marketing and communications activity for The Reader’s Shared Reading groups nationally and the refurbishment of Calderstones Mansion House, our Headquarters in Liverpool. This could include writing press releases, blog posts and eflyers, contributing to our social media channels, updating web content, designing posters and leaflets and event planning.
- Lead and manage the development of a micro project that seeks to create a digital archive of the Calderstones Refurbishment project. This could include researching community history, writing engaging content and collating records from events and projects.
- Development Prospect Research: using funding portals and desk research to find potential growth opportunities and working with the team to support the application process.
- Horizon Scanning: Researching current affairs, policies and campaigns and to ensure the team is aware of the latest news and events.
- Applications and Bids: Supporting the team and gaining experience in writing funding applications and project bids.
- Database Management: Using Microsoft Dynamics, work with the team to ensure we keep our organisation, contact and lead database up-to-date and suggest ways we can make the most of this data.
- Admin / Office Skills: Assisting with the day-to-day running of the office.
Based: Calderstones Mansion House, Liverpool, L18 3JB
Reporting to: Marketing and Communications Coordinator / Development Manager
Remuneration: Travel expenses paid
Hours: 21 hours per week (flexible)
Start date: July 2017
End date: November 2017
Deadline for applications: Friday 30 June, 5pm. Applications arriving after 5pm will not be considered
Successful applicants will be invited to interview by Friday 7 July. If you have not heard from us by this date, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Interviews: Monday 10 July, Calderstones Coach House