Commercial Lead – Major Events
Job Number LCC01222
Contract Type Temporary
Salary 31288 – 36019 GBP Year
Closing Date 14-04-2017
About the Role:
Liverpool City Council are looking to recruit a Commercial Lead – Major Events, to identify, develop, secure and manage all commercial partnership/sponsorship opportunities and relationships for major events, to meet programme delivery and meet organisational objectives.
The post will also require you to support and assist with other commercial work across the team.
The Commercial Lead- Major Events will take responsibility for securing and account managing sponsor and partner relationships covering major events, including Liverpool International Music Festival, the British Style Collective by Clothes Show and destination marketing campaigns, whilst supporting other cross-sector commercial activity to deliver organisational objectives.
The postholder will assist in writing and delivering commercial sponsorship proposals, have full account management of sponsor & partner relationships including sales, pitching/presentations, identifying & activating sponsor benefits covering both b2b and b2c markets.
Further responsibilites include:
- To explore, identify and secure sponsorship opportunities across the organisation to maximise revenue opportunities.
- To support other Commercial Leads in managing and delivering commercial initiatives and sponsor/partner relationships.
- To monitor and undertake evaluation on funded projects and gather ROI data to publish ROI reports to official partners and sponsors post event/project.
- To liaise with key partners (internal and external) to develop new revenue initiatives.
- To explore further opportunities within the private sector to secure additional resources to support the wider programme.
- To establish and maintain effective client management information systems and explore new processes and procedures to deliver a more streamlined and efficient commercial service for the City.
- To manage and assist with implementing other commercial funding streams including brand experiential activity, brand activation/product sampling, city dressing, merchandise, ticketing, festival concessions, official pouring partnerships, LED screen advertising etc.
- To develop new, exciting, innovative and creative ways to activate a sponsor/partner brand.
- To process accurate partnership P&L’s, write reports, manage budgets and process procurement in line with LCC Standing Orders.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of identifying, developing and securing commercial revenue/sponsorship opportunities from the private sector.
- Experience of managing sponsor & partner relationships in a CSR, regeneration, events and/or b2b environment.
- Experience of managing multiple commercial accounts effectively and efficiently at any one time.
- Experience of effective forecasting, benchmarking, budget management, report writing, presenting and preparing P&L’s.
- Experience of effective networking converting into commercial opportunities to generate revenue.
- Experience in working effectively with public and private sector agencies, brands and local communities particularly in partnership arrangements.
- Experience of working in a sports or health context.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
Please refer to the attached Person Specification and Job Description for further details.
Full details & how to apply here