Catering Supervisor, The Reader
- Closes 8th January 2018
- Salary Paid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: The Reader, Calderstones Park, L18 3JB
- Reporting to: The Catering Manager
- Hourly Rate: £7.65 – £8.00 per hour
- Hours: Minimum 12 hours per week on a rota basis spanning 0800-1800 hours, Monday to Sunday.
- Duration: initial 3 month period with likelihood of further extension
- To uphold the reputation and values of our organisation when dealing with customers and colleagues.
- To create and maintain a friendly, vibrant, and supportive atmosphere across the enterprises, whilst ensuring high standards of customer service.
- To work as a member of wider Reader Group team through engaging customers in conversations about The Reader Group’s charitable mission and plans for Calderstones.
- To ensure compliance with our food safety management system and health and safety requirements, including daily HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) diary entries. Training will be provided.
- To ensure high levels of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas of each enterprise is consistently maintained, including supervising staff to adhere to the standards required.
- To be a key holder with responsibility for opening up and setting down the catering sites. This involves the application of specific procedures such as cash handling and daily till reconciliation procedures. Training will be provided.
- To prepare and present food and drinks to a high standard, this includes the café’s barista service, breakfast/lunch menu and the parlour’s ice cream and drinks offer. Training will be provided.
We need staff who are friendly and who have or are able to learn great customer service skills. We are looking for someone who is kind but bold, who can lead others, cares, is willing to work hard and does what it takes to get the job done. You will be a person of integrity, honest, straightforward and able to speak up about things that matter.