Young Artist in Residence, The Whitworth
- Closes: 6th December 2020
- Type: Part time
- Salary: Paid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Contact: Sally Thelwell firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you connect art, ideas and communities?
We are looking for a young artist in any practice to lead online workshops for young people aged 16-24 between January and April 2021.
What you will do:
- Drawing inspiration from the Whitworth’s collection of art and issues that affect young people, you will plan and deliver a series of 6 online workshops (via zoom) to be delivered between January – April 2021.
- Create digital content to promote the workshops on social media.
- Evaluate the project and develop an outcome for the project that sits on our digital platforms.
Who you are:
- You are an emerging artist, cultural producer from any practice aged 24 or under.
- You have an interest and ability to engage people from all backgrounds.
- You have an understanding of delivering workshops on digital platforms.
- You are able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
We are committed to building a culturally diverse institution where everyone can flourish and feel valued by their contribution and individuality. Our policies and practices are designed to encourage talented people, whatever their background to work here. All appointments will be made on merit.
£900. Fee based on 10 half days between January – April 2021, which includes meetings with Whitworth staff, planning and delivery of online workshops, evaluation and creating social media content.
Please note that successful applicants will need to be registered as self employed and have enhanced DBS status.
Send your CV with up to 3 images/ audio files of your work, and an expression of interest (500 words max) telling us why you want to join us to support this particular project and how you would approach the opportunity.
email@example.com by 5pm Sunday 6th December. Interviews to be held via zoom on Monday 14th December with a start date of mid January 2021.