Deadline: Delivery dates are Friday 1 or Saturday 2 July between 10am and 4.30pm
WHAT: Annual Open Exhibition
WHO: Artists working in any media wishing to exhibit.
WHEN: Work is exhibited from 16 July to 7 September 2016
• Exhibitors must be 18 years old or over.
• Each artist may submit two original artworks for consideration by the Selection Committee. Both or either work may or may not be selected.
• On works for sale, the gallery will subtract a commission of 30% (plus VAT on the commission only) from the Sale Price you provide. Price your work to include this. All sales must be made through the Chapel Gallery.
• While on the premises of the Chapel Gallery, accepted work is insured by West Lancashire Borough Council for fire and theft only. Works are not insured for accidental damage and, although every care is taken, the Chapel Gallery or West Lancashire Borough Council cannot accept liability should such damage occur.
• All two-dimensional work must be delivered ready to hang, including framing where appropriate, and mirror-plated (fixed in the hanging position). Work will not be accepted for consideration by the selection panel if not mirrorplated.
Please ask at your local DIY shop for mirror-plates and for advice on how to use them.
• Clip frames are not acceptable.
• The gallery retains the right not to accept artworks deemed unsuitable or unsafe for exhibition.
• A non-returnable submission fee of £10 for one work and £15 for two works (£5 and £8 for students and other concessions) is payable on submission of work with your completed Entry Form. Cheques must be made payable to West Lancashire Borough Council or WLBC.
• The gallery cannot store work at the facility if not collected on the dates agreed (see Procedure for Submissions), and a storage fee of £5 per day will be charged if alternative storage is arranged by the gallery.
If the artist does not contact the gallery to inform us of unforeseen problems, uncollected work will be disposed of after seven days.
• Each work must be delivered with a label/tag (attached to the back of the work with just enough string to hang over the front), stating the Title, Medium and Sale Price (or
insurance value if NFS) of the work, with the Artist’s Name, Address, Telephone Number and Email Address. The gallery cannot accept work without such labelling.
Artworks are exhibited at the discretion of the Selection Committee including Guest Judges, Arthur Roberts, Artist, Curator and Director of LOOP, Jane Fairhurst, Artist, Curator and Director of Cross Street Arts, with Helen Juste, Arts Development Manager, WLBC, and Ruth Owen, Gallery Officer, WLBC. The selection process cannot be discussed under any circumstances.
AWARDS: £800 First Prize, £400 Second Prize, £200 Third Prize. Commendations are also awarded.
STUDENT PRIZE: £150 is awarded for the best student work. To be considered, please write ‘Student’ on each works
label/tag and show your ID on delivery.
PEOPLES’ PRIZE: A showcase exhibition and £150 is awarded to the artist who receives the most visitors votes.
Artwork Receiving Days
All artwork must be submitted to the Chapel Gallery on Friday 1 or Saturday 2 July between 10am and 4.30pm with a completed Entry Form, a 1st Class Stamp and payment. All two-dimensional work must be mirror-plated (if specific/bespoke fixings are
necessary please discuss with the gallery ahead of the delivery dates).
Two-dimensional works – if in excess of 1m2, submit by photograph only.
Three-dimensional works – if over 1m in height/depth or over 15kg in weight, submit by photograph only.
Submissions made by photograph (as above) must be delivered to the gallery by Friday 1 July with a completed Entry Form, a 1st Class Stamp and payment. Please include a phone number and be prepared to deliver your artwork on Tuesday 5 or Wednesday 6 July if selected.
Artists will be notified by post with the Selection Commitee’s decisions
Contact Gallery Staff for an Entry Form or click here to download the digital version:Open 2016 Entry Form.pdf