Trustee, Unity Theatre
- Closes: 11th March 2019
- Type: Part time (trustee)
- Salary: Unpaid
- Contact: Annemarie Martin firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Board of Trustees forms an invaluable part of the team, ensuring that the Unity is well run, well managed and financially robust. To add to the talent and dedication of our existing Board, we are looking to recruit up to four new Trustees to take us to the next stage in our organisation’s development. We are particularly looking for skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- The cultural sector – holding a senior role in an arts organisation (preferably with both artistic and organisational oversight) and/or as an artist with a track record of presenting exceptional, thought-provoking work
- Fundraising and income generation – as a fundraising professional or passionate supporter, able to demonstrate excellent networking skills with high-net-worth individuals and organisations
- Digital technology – with an in-depth knowledge of innovative practice, including use as an audience development tool
- People management and HR strategy – including extensive experience of managing diverse teams and knowledge of policy and best practice
Unity welcomes applications from all members of the community. You will bring strong insight and professional experience in your area of specialism, along with a willingness to share thoughts, challenge ideas and support the team at all levels of the organisation. Previous experience of being a Trustee is not a requirement. A passion for the arts and their role within a community is essential.
This role is voluntary with a commitment to attend four Board meetings a year, plus relevant sub-committees and regular performances and events. Appointments are for an initial period of three years, with the option of standing for an additional three-year term.
CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Board Vacancy’
We would greatly appreciate it if you could also complete our Equality Monitoring Form
If you would like to find out more about the role and what it entails, pllease contact us at the above email address with your contact details and availability for an informal chat.