A Stage Manager for two performances of Claire Cunningham’s acclaimed Guide Gods at DaDa Festival, Liverpool on 1 December 2016 at St Nick’s Church.
25 Oct Handover meeting in Glasgow
27 Nov – 2 Dec Production week (includes travel time)
Fee: £800 (depending on experience)
Claire Cunningham is one of Scotland’s leading disabled, multi-disciplinary artists practicing today. Her work is critically reviewed and in demand nationally and internationally.
Guide Gods uses dance, live music, humour and interviews with religious leaders, academics and deaf and disabled people to explore how the major world faiths view deafness and disability.
- Attending handover with the Choreographer, former Stage Manager & Technical Manager before production week
- Scheduling rehearsals with the choreographer and liaising with other members of the team to ensure appropriate attendance, and with rehearsal venue about access.
- Managing a small running budget with which to provide rehearsal refreshments and other items that may be required
- Updating the ‘book’ from which the production will be run in performance
- Working with the Technical Manager to transport physical elements of show from Glasgow to Liverpool and back
- Working with the Technical Manager to schedule, set-up and rehearse the production
- Providing Front of House liaison and support as required to ensure the best possible experience for audiences at each performance
- Working with the Technical Manager to run the performance
- Working with the Technical Manager to take down, pack and load into the van the physical elements of the production after performances
- Producing a show report for each performance
- Keeping the Producers informed of relevant issues, decisions, observations and opportunities that may develop
- Being the point of contact for other members of the project team who may wish to communicate with the performers and creative team
- Being mindful of the need for access and equalities in relation to the production at all times
To apply please email your CV and a short introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org