Resonance, for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic music-makers, Opera North
- Closes 19th October 2020
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k)
- Contact Kathryn Gasic email@example.com
Launched in 2017 and supported by PRS Foundation’s Talent Development Partner Network, Resonance is Opera North’s workshop programme for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic professional musicians and composers, working in any genre, and based in the north of England. It’s a unique opportunity to develop new ideas, collaborate with performers from other disciplines, and take your work in new directions.
If you’re interested in testing an exciting possibility, exploring a musical idea, telling a story through music, collaborating with a filmmaker or visual artist – or something else altogether – we want to hear from you.
The residency could be your first step towards making the project, or part of a longer process that you are working on.
- Applicants must be from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background and live in the north of England
- Applicants must be professional composers, musicians or music-makers
- Applicants must be 18 years old or over at the time of application
- Lead artists who have been recipients of Resonance residencies previously are not eligible for further support in 2021
Subject to the COVID-19 situation, successful applicants will receive:
- Up to a week of free rehearsal space in Leeds with basic technical support
- A grant of up to £3,500 to cover fees for those involved and other costs
- Support and advice from technicians, producers and other specialists as needed
- Optional ‘work in progress’ performance opportunity for an invited audience, or live stream opportunity
- Optional short film following the work in progress/performance
- Signposting to further opportunities
Up to a week’s residency to take place in Leeds, March or April 2021.
How to apply
Fill in the short form and submit it by 10am on Monday 19 October 2020.
We’re committed to making the application process as accessible as possible. If you have any queries, if you would like to discuss making an application, or if you require a form in large print, braille or audio, please feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org