QUEER BODIES … cannot exist quietly. We are fodder for debate about bathrooms,
borders, eating disorders, and assault. We become containers for rage and sympathy, sites for
projection, politics, violence, fetish and fantasy. We are STI risks, HIV havers, statistics. We are
explosive, dangerous, and subversive. Our water is thicker than blood. We exist.
We want to to build a dedicated cohort of queer writers in the North West, suitable for folkx
interested in challenging and strengthening their practice, learning critical theory and gaining
valuable feedback in a safe environment.
Participants should be open to collaboration, compassion, and have a passion for / interest in
writing / exploring / reading / presenting and publishing poetry, individually and in group
We especially encourage applications from queer, nb, trans, poc, disabled, and older writers.
- Develop a body of experimental work over a twelve week poetry workshop series
facilitated by Day Mattar and Brendan Curtis
- Produce and contribute to collective pamphlet: QUEER BODIES I
- Present work at an exhibition as part of HOMOTOPIA FESTIVAL 2020
- Workshops – August 20 / 27, September 3 / 10 / 17 / 24, October 1 / 8 / 15 / 22 / 29
- Exhibition – November (date TBC) as part of Homotopia Festival programme 2020.
More details released upon request / acceptance on the course.
APPLY HERE ——–>>>>>>>> https://bit.ly/3f6gDVp
Please complete your form by the deadline of the 14th August at the latest.
We aim to get back to you by the 15th-16th August.
We look forward to hearing from you!