Cheshire East Council is seeking proposals for a painted mural to be created in Macclesfield town centre.
The main objectives of the painted mural commission are to:
- Create a unique large-scale iconic mural that speaks to Macclesfield’s creative heritage, referencing the naturalistic art works of Charles Tunnicliffe
- Create a piece of art that appeals to the local community, visitors and businesses, complements the surrounding area and views, and is bespoke to the local environment
- Reflect Macclesfield’s rich creative and artistic talents
- Increase the appreciation of public art in the Borough and contribute to tourism and inward investment / visitor economy within the town
This is offered as a freelance contract.
We anticipate the inclusive costs for planning and completion of the artwork to be in the region of £10,000 subject to design complexity / experience of artist.
The artwork must be completed by the end of March.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Experience of working on similar projects, including projects of a similar scale and height
- Experience working on projects with partnership funding and consulting with steering groups.
- A knowledge of requirements and limitations which apply when working in an outdoor setting and at height.
- A demonstrable track record of delivering projects on time and on budget and the required management skills to complete the project
- When working on site the artist is required to comply with health and safety recommendations, provide risk assessment, method statement, Public Liability Insurance and evidence of relevant training e.g. working at height, operation of required equipment such as scissor lift or cherry picker requires a current IPAF qualification, categories 3A and 3B.
- Supply three design sketches / ideas / mood boards for consultation with the public and stakeholders.
- Design and install the artwork on site in accordance with risk assessments and method statements
- Provide regular progress reports and liaise with Cheshire East Council representatives to confirm plans are in place to meet the timescale, to liaise with the steering group on any promotional work, and production of interpretive or documentary items
- The mural must be installed before the end of March
How to apply
To request the full brief please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for submission is Wednesday 15th February
Please return your proposal or direct any queries to:
Janey Moran, Cultural Economy Development Manager, Cheshire East Council email@example.com
Contact name: Janey Moran
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org