LOOM MAGAZINE: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
CIT invites text & art submissions from collaborations between writers & artists for publication in Loom Magazine, our limited edition publication celebrating new creative works.
We are looking for submissions on the theme of ‘sequences’ – for inspiration purposes only, this could be interpreted as repetition, duplication, mutation or variation. We are very happy for artists to interpret the theme in unique and original ways.
Three contributions will be selected for publication in the September 2019 issue of Loom, with collaborators awarded £500 to be shared beween each collaborating team.
- Each collaboration should be between a writer and visual artist.
- For each submission, the text should be no more than 500 words
- For each submission, there should be no more than three pieces of visual work.
- Text can be short / micro fiction, poetry or prose
- Visual art components can be photography, illustration or fine art.
- Only one submission per collaboration is permitted.
- Collaborators can be based anywhere in the UK.
- Text and visual pieces must be previously unpublished.
- The purpose of this opportunity is to support collaborations, so submissions must come from partnerships rather than an individual
- We encourage different mediums but for publication images need to be in digital format or scanned prior to submission
- There is no submission fee.
- Deadline for applications is Monday 13th May 2019 at 9am. Submissions after this time will not be accepted.
- The selectors decision is final, no correspondence can be entered into regarding unselected entries.
- Winning commissions will be notified by 31st May 2019.
- Awards will be made prior to publication. Works will be published in September 2019 to coincide with the Northern Lights Writers Conference at Waterside in Mancheser on 21st September 2019.
- Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org – please ensure your images total no more# than 5MB. We will request hi-res versions of images prior to publication.
This opportunity is funded by Arts Council England as part of CIT’s Northern Lights Writers’ Programme.
CIT is the artist development initiative based at Waterside in Sale, Manchester. CIT supports copyright retention for artists.
For more information, please email email@example.com