- Closes: 14th July 2021
- Type: Part time
- Salary: Paid (£50k+ pro rata)
Liberty UK is an annual festival that explores freedom and democracy through artistic interventions around the UK. In September 2021, Liberty UK will come to Halton as part of the The Borough of Culture programme; Celebrate Halton 2021. ArtReach are teaming up with Made in Halton to deliver an enhanced commission for artists working in the Borough of Halton or with a connection to the area.
We are looking for an artist/artists to respond to the themes of the Liberty UK Festival, and the BoC objectives to create a temporary trail based piece of work. The work must be:
● Based in site specific outdoor locations or visible to members of the public from outdoors
● Rooted in environmental sustainability; this will play a key part in the decision making process. The idea should consider the materials being used including where they have come from and what will happen to them after the work is taken down
● Have strong links to the key themes of the festival: freedom and democracy and meet one or more of the objectives set out by Celebrate Halton 2021
● The work will be of appropriate scale and impact to ensure that it has impact, but manageable within the budget and time that you have
● There is no maximum or minimum number of elements that we expect you to include in the trail, however, you must be able to demonstrate that the trail makes sense geographically and is accessible to a wider cross section of the population.
Festival dates: 18 – 19 September 2021
Commissions available: 1
Fee: £1,500 including materials and fabrication
Deadline for applying: 5 pm, Wednesday 14 July 2021
For more information and to apply please visit https://www.libertyukfestival.com/commissions