Deadline: Wednesday 22 June 2016, 12.00
Free learning opportunity for aspiring artist/ illustrator / designer or maker in Liverpool
Are you an aspiring creative in need of facilities to create and opportunities to gain some commercial understanding and experience? Read on…
An opportunity has arisen for a creative to join our team on a time / facilities share programme. The programme offers free use of a fully equipped studio for two days per week in exchange for two days per week manning our little shop at the Bluecoat. This is a creative retail environment where you can continue working on your own drawings / computer work during quiet times and also learn what is required of your art / craft and product work to get them into shops and make them sell!
Ilsa Parry – product designer and managing director for rethinkthings LTD (trade only product brand) is seeking assistance to man her shop “MYNE boutique” at the Bluecoat Chambers Liverpool two days per week (Tuesday and Wednesday with potentially one Saturday per month) applicants must be reliable, willing to get involved and help out, independent and enthusiastic. In exchange for shared use of her studio and all design / making facilities on two other days of the week by mutual arrangement. Ilsa wishes to do this so that she can relinquish some hours in the shop and focus on developing the design aspect of her business.
No payment for use of the facilities or equipment or in respect of bills or rent is required but materials and consumables would need to be self purchased. The agreement would run on a six month basis (1st July 2016 – 1st Jan 2017). The relationship would not be one of employer / employee but instead would be based upon a mutual interest collaboration / partnership agreement and would work on an agreement of reliability and trust.
Studio is fully heated / decorated and is near to Lime Street station and can be accessed two days per week by arrangement, you are free to make an area your own and come and go any time during timetabled allocated shared days plus a fair amount of “open access days”.
· An exclusive office with kitchen sofa (sofabed if needed) and toilet
· Landline telephone and internet (unlimited internet use and free phone use to UK landlines and mobiles)
· Wifi colour a3 printer
· 700mm CNC vinyl cutter, two sewing machines and an overlocker
· Sublimation printer / mug heat press / t shirt press / iron
· Workshop power and hand tools
· Band Saw
· Faceplate lathe
· Fixed use power sanding disc and belt
· Small pillar drill
· Design Library and stock room (use by further arrangement)
Shop duties would include:
· Responsibility for opening / closing shop
· Collecting mail / posting some online orders
· Operating till and serving customers
· Gift wrapping / print framing
· Light cleaning and restocking / repackaging
· Marketing activities (blogging / social media and signwriting)
· Placing orders with known suppliers form time to time
Interested creatives should contact Ilsa directly for an email discussion by 12pm on Wednesday 22nd June – email@example.com.
Interviews are by phone skype or facetime on Thursday 23rd June with studio viewings and shop training taking place Tuesday 28th June Photographs of either the shop or studio can be sent in advance.
Partnership will commence from 1st July 2016 and continue until 1st January 2017.