Deadline: 10AM WEDNESDAY 14 JULY
Open Eye Gallery and the University of Salford have a strong long- term partnership, with a growing number of facets. The partnership includes co-commissioning work for exhibition which then enters into the University of Salford Art Collection, as well as working together on an MA in Socially Engaged Photography Practice.
Open Eye Gallery is pleased to be working with the University of Salford Art Collection on our latest collaboration to ensure the University Art Collection is more accessible to more people. Open Eye Gallery is recruiting two freelance posts: a Digital Content and Engagement Officer to work with University of Salford Art Collection, and also a Socially Engaged Photographer-in-Residence to work with young people, providing access to the Collection.
Digital Content and Engagement Officer
We are looking for a Digital Content and Engagement Officer to support a programme of collection digitisation, including:research and development; content management; accurate documentation; creating engagement opportunities for University of Salford students, staff and public; increasing user access and accessibility; and raising the visibility, profile and use of the collection internally and externally.
- Help to research, develop and populate an online catalogue for the Collection
- Ensure that the unique co-commission to collect model is front and foremost
- Work with the Collection and Open Eye Gallery staff to develop a joint archive of socially engaged practice
- Work with the Digitisation Programme Socially Engaged Photographer-In-Residence to develop people-centred approaches to thinking about Collections
- Work with other major platforms e.g. Art UK to upload and share images, information and content
- Ensure image rights/copyrights are up to date (including: DACs and Creative Commons licences)
- Assist co-ordination of artwork photography
- Support accurate documentation, record-keeping, cataloguing and administration
- Improve collection records, e.g. collecting resources and press coverage
- Develop a range of engagement opportunities/events with University of Salford students, staff and audiences.
- Encourage online engagement & enjoyment using blogs, social media & potentially other formats eg. Podcast, including direct mail outs, which could exist on university or Open Eye Gallery digital platform.
- Increase Accessibility of collection and resources – e.g. sourcing transcripts & Image Descriptions
- Support the collection diversity survey
- Contribute to Accreditation requirements – e.g. making the Collection ‘useful, useable and accessible’
- Contribute to the wider collections programme as necessary.
- Excellent quality images and information which can be used for study, research and public enjoyment
- Grow the visibility, profile, use and enjoyment of our Collection & digitised materials – internally & externally
- Increased audiences & engagement through online content, opportunities, and improved Accessibility
- Clarity on taking the Socially Engaged Practice archive forward.
Duration: 30 weeks – Summer 2021 – Spring 2022
Fee: Freelance fee of £9,000, based on 2 days per week (£150 a day)
To Apply: Please download the full job description below. Download the full job description here: