Call for Submissions – Outdoor Performance, Festival of Making CIC
- Closes 17th February 2017
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Contact Lauren Zawadzki firstname.lastname@example.org
Festival of Making CIC are looking for submissions from outdoor performing arts organisations and individuals (theatre, dance, and street arts) for The National Festival of Making, taking place in Town Centre locations in Blackburn, Lancashire on Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th May 2017.
About the festival.
Be part of the first ever National Festival of Making, a FREE family festival taking place in the manufacturing heartland of Blackburn. Innovative art installations, hands-on workshops, live performances and markets promoting handmade products, including fine foods and craft ales, give visitors chance to celebrate the unique diversity, innovation and skills in making and manufacturing in unexpected and inspiring ways. Visitors will enjoy a carnival atmosphere as people gather to celebrate the magic of making.
What we are looking for:
- Performance based work aimed at a family audience creating a time specific show experience for festival attendees. Walk-about theatre will also be considered.
- Work which fits the overall festival narrative of MAKING. This could mean fitting one of the following festival themes: Making Things, Making Place, Making Tastes, Making a Living, Making History, Making Digital. Expansion of these themes can be requested from the producers.
- Outdoor theatre, dance, and performance are encouraged, particularly those which can be programmed as time and location specific on the event programme
- The festival is keen to hear from artists who wish to either present existing work or new commissions.For further information on the festival narrative please email email@example.com (www.festivalofmaking.co.uk – live from 6th Feburary 2017)
- Festival of Making are inviting proposals for work up to a value of £4000On no more than two sides of A4:
- 1. Tell us about your proposed work including any photographs, video links, website or visuals for a new proposal
- 2. Tell us about you and/or your organisation
- 3. Tell us about any other work you have created and shownAdditionally please provide:
- A budget proposal including any travel and accommodation requirements.
- Confirm your availablity for either/both Saturday 6th May & Sunday 7th May 2017
- A technical specification and indicative space requirements.