Call out for Artists for Youth Voice Project
- Are you a visual artist who is passionate and has experience of working with young
people aged 11 – 25?
- Are you available to deliver weekly evening sessions in Jan & Feb 2020 between
6p.m. and 8 p.m.?
ForHousing is a social landlord based in Stockbridge Village, Knowsley. We are working in partnership with Knowsley Youth Mutual (KYM) on an exciting new Community Ambassadors Programme (CAP). The aim of this project is to provide a platform for 11 – 25 year olds living in the area to have a say about what goes on in their area. As part of the programme they will be supported to deliver two social action projects in response to issues/need that they identify.
We would like to recruit an artist for 6 sessions of this project. The aim of the sessions is support the group to get to know each other and explore what the project means to them.
We want the group to produce something that is creative and motivates them to engage in the project and can be proud of. The sessions would be supported by youth workers from KYM.
Our initial ideas were for the group to design a logo that embodies their thoughts on what CAP means to them. This can be printed on hoody’s/t-shirts that are theirs to keep and be used in promotional material. Another idea is for the artist to work with the group to illustrate a booklet/poster that captures their initial ideas (their manifesto and aims?!) that can be revisited later in the project… We are open to ideas! The important aspect is that the work is produced in collaboration and that the voices of the group are listened to.
The artist will need to hold a current DBS check and Public Liability Insurance. You will also be expected to provide a Risk Assessment for the sessions. We have budget of £100/session plus budget for production/materials.
- Deadline for submissions of interest: Mon 9 Dec 5pm.
- Interviews will be held over the 17, 18 & 19 Dec.
- Sessions will begin on Weds 8th Jan. Sessions will either run on Weds or Thurs evenings 6 – 8pm.
- Sessions will take place in Stockbridge Village L28. The location will be provided if you are successful with recruitment.
ForHousing Limited, a ForViva group member, is a Community Benefit Society registered with the FCA, registration number 30483R at 52 Regent Street, Eccles, Salford M30 0BP. Registered with the Regulator of Social Housing L4528.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email a submit a letter of interest to Annie MacLean, Community Development Officer, email@example.com
This should include
- Why you are interested
- What would you look to produce with the group
- An overview of your approach to working with young people/wider community
- An overview of your artistic experience, particularly when working with young people/wider community
- Links/samples of work/projects that you have been involved with.
Need to know more?
Please call Annie for a chat about any ideas that you may have or if you would like to know more about the project. There are also links about the partners involved with the project below.
ForHousing, Community Development Officer (Stockbridge Village)
0161 605 7553 / 0787 280 7955 / firstname.lastname@example.org
ForHousing website www.forhousing.co.uk
Knowsley Youth Mutual www.youthmutual.co.uk
Community Ambassadors Programme www.myclarionhousing.com/advice-and-support/clarion-futures-communities/ambassador-programme/