Calling for: Artists/ Arts Organisations specialising in Visual Art
Date of workshops: Week beginning 15th November 2021
We are looking for artists to work with one class of 30 children aged 5-11 to produce collaborative artworks based on the theme of ‘One Kind Word’, linked to the school’s work on anti-bullying week. We welcome applications from a range of visual arts including painting, ceramics, sculpture, textiles, collage etc.
We had a few ideas (but we are open to more so please feel free to share your’s) including:
- A mural on the shed (sensory garden)
- Bird feeders (sensory garden/ outdoor classroom)
- Musical instruments (sensory garden)
- Pebble paths (sensory garden
We are looking to commission artists for each year group from Reception to Year 6 and we welcome applicants to specify the age group they would like to work with. Successful applicants will spend 1 day in school working with the children (4-6 hours) between 9am – 3pm and will be given ½ day planning and preparation time. There will also be an Art Exhibition on Friday 19thNovember, which applicants can visit voluntarily.
The fee is £300. This includes:
- 1 face-to-face workshop in school with a group of 30 children to produce a collaborative piece of art for display around the school grounds.
- ½ day planning and preparation time.
- Completion of an evaluation questionnaire
Please submit a proposal on how you would deliver the commission and your ideas for the creative content. You need to include:
- Your experience of working with young people and networks of schools (please give examples, e.g. through online links, website, etc.).
- An outline of your approach to the commission, explaining how it will link to the theme of ‘One Kind Word’ and the genre of artwork you are planning to use.
- The year group or age range you would like to work with.
- Where your finished artwork would be best displayed.
- Which day of the week you would like to deliver the workshop.
- An outline of resources school would need to provide.
Please send proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th November 2021.