Artist in residence opportunity x 3, Hayton Castle CIC
- Closes 31st May 2017
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Contact Steven Westgarth firstname.lastname@example.org
Hayton Castle Fields CIC is looking for three artists-in-residence for an exciting recycling project in Cumbria.
Hayton Castle Fields CIC works to benefit our local community by providing projects and events focusing on nature and creativity. Our ongoing work aims to bring people together to benefit our community, with a focus on young people in West Cumbria.
We are currently working with West Cumbria Rivers Trust to remove decades of fly-tipped rubbish, including prams, bikes, TV’s, plastic buckets, you name it, from our woodland. Rather than send the rubbish to land-fill, we’d like to recycle as much as possible. To this end, we’ve received funding from Cumbria County Council to engage three artists-in-residence to help inspire us and our volunteers to recycle as much of this rubbish as possible into art pieces.
What we are looking for:
Three artists to complete a residency (min. 5 days, max. 14 days) at Hayton Castle Fields, where they will:
- Complete one or more pieces of art/sculpture which would remain on site in our woodland, using fly tipped materials (on their own or combined with other media).
- Facilitate two community workshops during the residency, where they would teach local people techniques and share ideas to make their own artwork out of fly-tipped materials.
Residencies would need take place in July, August or September 2017 and would need to include a weekend.
What we can offer:
- Free accommodation at Hayton Castle, a Grade I listed farm house near Aspatria, Cumbria.
- Free transfers from Aspatria train station.
- Artists fee of £600.
- Subsistence payment of £150.
Please contact us on email@example.com, telling us a bit about your work with recycled materials (if possible including a link to some photos), your availability, and what you have in mind for the project.