Artist-in-residence, Wigan STEAM
- Closes 13th September 2020
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Contact Louise Robson email@example.com
Artist Fee: £1000
Materials Budget: £200
As we go into the third year of our artist development programme, we are excited to announce five residency opportunities, intended to support artists to develop new work as well as provide the local community with high quality arts experiences.
During the residency, artists will spend the time in a way that is most beneficial to them and their practice, with the objective of showing work in the gallery during the following month. Artists will be required to work for a minimum of six days, with the exhibition following the residency period.
Artists would usually work in our gallery space as an open studio, however due to the current situation this will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, with the option of working from home/studio if preferred.
The residencies are intended to provide artists with:
- The time and space to research and develop new work
- The opportunity to work on their public engagement skills with support from experienced facilitators
- Support with new methods of making such as digital technology, ceramics, textiles, and other fabrication processes such as 3D printing and laser cutting
- A solo exhibition, and the chance to produce high quality documentation of their work
During each residency artists will also be required to deliver at least two hours of public engagement work such as a workshop as part of their project, and one other engagement event to take place during the exhibition period. These events may take place in an online or other alternative format, dependent upon the situation regarding Covid-19.
There are no limitations on the theme for the proposed work, we instead ask that artists consider what would benefit them most from undertaking the residency and tailor the proposed work for this purpose.
The residencies will take place from Autumn 2020 – Summer 2021. Dates will be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
To find out more about Wigan STEAM visit our website.
To find out more about the opportunity click here
To apply, please fill in this google form.