Artist Facilitator (One-week position), Lakeland Arts
- Closes 8th July 2019
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Contact Helen Tappenden firstname.lastname@example.org
Lakeland Arts are seeking proposals from emerging to mid-career artists / artist facilitators for this year’s Art Camp: CLIMAart, to design and deliver an exciting programme of participatory workshops for 11-15 year olds which respond to the theme of climate change and the youth protests started in Scandinavia.
At the end of the week the resultant participatory artwork will be exhibited / performed for the public at the historic Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House in Bowness.
Art Camp has successfully run for local families in Kendal for several years. This year, following the inspiring wave of climate change activism led by young people, Art Camp is for the first time running under the theme ‘CLIMArt’. Young people aged between 11-15 will have the opportunity to work with an artist to creatively explore climate change, and their relationship with the natural environment. All participants will achieve an Arts Award Explore after completing Art Camp: CLIMArt.
You’ll run 5 workshops from Monday 19 – Friday 23 August 2019 (10.30am – 4.30pm). You’ll be supported by our experienced Participation and Learning Team at both planning and delivery stage.
We encourage applications from artists working in any media, including performance, film, sculpture, painting, and craft.
What you’ll get
- Artist fee: £965 for 5 all-day sessions, inclusive of planning and delivery.
- Lunch will be provided on each of the 5 days.
- A materials allowance of £100 is available for the project.
To apply you’ll need to send the following to email@example.com:
- Artist Statement (max 250 words) please tell us a bit about you and your artistic experience.
- Project Proposal (max 500 words) please include details of the workshops you might deliver, final outcome (e.g. a performance, screening, installation), any special equipment or facilities required, and your reasons for applying for this opportunity.
- Up to 6 images of recent artwork and / or participatory projects.
- Your CV, including details of any education or community experience.
- Details of DBS checks (desired but not essential).
- Name / contact details of two referees.