Call Out for Artist Submissions, Creative Industries Trafford
- Closes 31st March 2017
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Contact Lauren email@example.com
Creative Industries Trafford are working with Trust New Art, the National Trust’s programme of contemporary arts, to curate Live at Lyme, a new strand of contemporary & site-specific performance taking place at Lyme, a mansion house and estate on the edge of the Peak District.
We have an open call for artists to propose ideas for Live at Lyme. Each successful applicant will receive a commission fund for the piece (to be discussed with each applicant), as well as support in the research, development and delivery of the commission by offering access to the house, estate, the archive and Lyme team.
Live at Lyme aims to bring the experience of Regency society at Lyme to life through Thomas Legh’s story by drawing inspiration from the key themes and archival stories at the heart of the regency era and to offer visitors a contemporary engagement with the topic. We aim to create an immersive and exciting programme of events, performances and interventions that will inspire and engage new and existing audiences at Lyme over 4 weekends in September 2017.
We welcome applications from a range of contemporary art forms including theatre, dance, spoken word & pop-up performance.
What we’re looking for
- Strong artistic ideas that capture some of the key themes of Lyme’s Regency period and the life of Thomas Legh
- Ideas that offer visitors something surprising and unexpected, and that use the theme to create performances that will ’move, teach and inspire’ participants and visitors.
- Exciting and accessible performances that will activate multiple indoor and outdoor locations.
More information and details of how to apply can be found here: creativeindustriestrafford.org/2017/02/24/live-at-lyme-call-for-theatre-submissions
We are offering artists interested in applying the opportunity to have a free site visit to Lyme Park (house & gardens), to arrange this email firstname.lastname@example.org