Associate Producer (Co-commissioning), Manchester International Festival
- Closes 8th March 2017
- Type Full time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k)
- Contact David Fox firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role please follow the instructions on our website carefully – http://mif.co.uk/about-us/work-with-us/
The Role assists the Executive Producer to create and develop partnerships with international presenting organisations, throughout the process of making new productions for the Manchester International Festival, and also looking ahead to associated presentations at each co-commissioners’ venue or festival.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Succinct and creative presentation of factually correct and relevant research for forthcoming productions – including project proposals for future touring and 2019 Co-Commissioning;
- Agreeing timelines for the development of commissions and working with the Executive Producer to ensure that these timelines are adhered to; this will involve setting up development meetings, site visits, auditions, workshops etc as required and producing and disseminating schedules and timelines to relevant individuals, departments and organisations;
- Assisting with drawing up contracts for Co-Commission Productions, in close liaison with the Executive Producer and the Festival’s Finance & Administration team, in addition to direct communication with artists, agents and managers;
- Administrative support to ensure that all relevant contractual, production and box-office information, and contacts for each of the Executive Producer’s commissions is entered onto the Festival’s Artifax database;
- Working closely with the Festival’s Technical Director and team to ensure that they are kept fully involved in the technical development of Co-commissions;
- Working with the Artist Liaison team to provide the requisite scheduling and logistical information– accurately and to deadline to ensure that all work permit, travel and accommodation arrangements are delivered economically and efficiently;
- Work with the Guest Liaison team on the potential partner contacts around Co-Commissioning and their time in Manchester during MIF17
- Work with the Finance team within the festival’s agreed finance and accountancy procedures, including work on budget projections, cashflow and provision of other financial information as required.