Artist Opportunity: Connecting Brierfield Railway Station, In-Situ / Connecting East Lancashire
- Closes 3rd June 2019
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£30k-40k pro rata)
- Contact Paul Hartley email@example.com
Artist residency raising awareness, animating and connecting people to Brierfield Railway Station June 2019 – January 2020
Artists Fee £7000 with a Materials Budget £8000 (inclusive of VAT)
Deadline for proposals: 5pm Monday 3rdJune 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 18th June, 2019
In-Situ working in partnership with Connecting East Lancashire is seeking to commission an artist (or artist partnership, collective or organisation) to help raise the profile of, and improve access and engagement with, Brierfield Railway Station and its surroundings.
The selected artist will engage local groups (including Friends of Pendle Stations), communities and visitors to Brierfield in order to generate a number of temporary and permanent works that will improve the visibility and experience of Brierfield Railway Station, to promote the public transport network and active travel routes, and widen travel horizons. These may include:
- tours and events that animate the space
- signage around the station and its disused Platform 2
- temporary or semi-permanent architecture/sculpture installed around the station and immediate area
- maps and guides (digital and physical) that connect the railway station, town and mill including cycle routes
The artist commission will be part of a larger programme of work improving Brierfield Railway station and the Northlight. The artist will be expected to work collaboratively both with regards to public consultation, and also with the stakeholders in the partnership.
- Minimum 4 open workshops/activities/sessions as creative consultation to inform the permanent and temporary outcomes.
- A series of permanent, semi-permanent and temporary artworks, co-produced with local individuals and groups to be installed in Brierfield Railway Station and its surroundings
More information and details on how to apply at http://www.in-situ.org.uk/new-commission-connecting-brierfield-railway-station/