Artist-in-Residence, Great Northern Events and The Oasis Centre
- Closes 6th September 2019
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Contact Angela Mann email@example.com
The Oasis Centre Charity supports people in crisis within the local Greater Manchester community. Its services are a lifeline to people in real need, giving them stability and life skills.
Visit oasisgorton.org for more information
Great Northern Events are seeking an artist to undertake an involved residency with the Centre’s service users. This needs to be more than a tokenistic gesture; rather a process to explore, support and offer meaningful outcomes. These outcomes would result in the proposal for a permanent outdoor artwork which would lead to a second phase commission.
This residency will;
- Actively support the service users of The Oasis Centre by delivering a series of meaningful, participatory and engaging workshops that will heavily influence the resulting proposed commission;
- Be open to various materials/mediums, though the workshop sessions must be hands on and delivered with service user safety in mind;
- Run from Nov 2019 to Feb 2020;
- End with an outline proposal for a permanent artwork* suitable for external public space. This must embrace the identity of the Centre and be a focal point for passersby.
* This would be a subsequent phase two commission – see appendix for more detail.
Please note we would only be interested in receiving applications from those able to carry out both parts of the project.
There is an overall budget of £1,800, with additional materials costs of £250 [ex. VAT]. This must encompass the whole project including the proposal for the phase two commission. We anticipate 8-10 sessions over the residency period, with session length of 1.5 hour. Phase two commission would be in the region of £2,000 for fabrication and installation [installation would be in conjunction with the Centre].
Artist Interviews Monday 16 Sept–please keep this date free
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org