Deadline: midnight, Thursday 16 June, 2016
AirSpace Gallery is delighted to invite graduating students from BA and MA Fine Art courses to apply for our graduate residency scheme.
The residency offers a fantastic opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative artist-led space in the city of Stoke-on-Trent, providing time and space to develop and test work and ideas and professional support and guidance to new career artists.
Launched in 2012, AirSpace Gallery’s Graduate Residency is into its fifth year, and has already provided invaluable opportunities and support to eight new graduates.
AirSpace Gallery can point to direct benefits arising from the Graduate Residency. 2012 residents, Adam Gruning and Adam Kelly gained full-time teaching work and an MA place, respectively. 2013 resident, Chloe Ashley, maintained her studio at AirSpace and has just attained an MA place at the Royal College of Art, 2014’s Naomi Harwin now has a studio at Wysing and 2015 Resident, Emilie Atkinson, previously London-based, also kept on her studio and will shortly take up her role as Associate Director at AirSpace Gallery.
Who can apply
• Any fine art or related practitioner graduating from a UK BA or Masters course between October 2015 and July 2016
What we offer:
• A rent free studio space, including 24 hour access and free wifi and utilities at AirSpace Gallery for 6 months from August 2015 – January 2016.
• Monthly support meetings and professional development support, with gallery directors and professional artists to offer invaluable guidance and insight, to help in tracking the residency progress and developing new works and accessing opportunities.
• Access to all studio facilities and support structures for 6 months, and an option to get involved in the AirSpace Gallery project
• An interim exhibition in the Gallery Window Space
• A solo exhibition at the end of the 6 months period at AirSpace Gallery.
How to apply
Please submit in a single PDF
• A proposal for your residency at AirSpace, including how you would approach the 6 months residency in terms of research and development towards your solo show (max 1000 words)
• an artist statement and details about your current work – please state when you graduated and from which institution (max 300 words)
• weblinks and/or upto 5 images relevant to your current practice.
• an assessment of why you are right for this opportunity
• ideas for your involvement with the gallery and studio group.
Proposals should be in a single PDF and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “graduate residency” in the subject line by midnight, Thursday, June 16th, 2016.
For full details, visit the website.