SOL: Second or Other Language
An informal ESOL group discovering art and creative practices in Liverpool
SOL (Second or Other Language) is a programme of language learning and visual art, aimed at refugees, asylum seekers and vulnerable migrants in Liverpool.
- informal English language sessions
- creative workshops
- gallery trips
- exhibition opportunities
- getting to know Liverpool’s art
- Listening to Seldom Heard Voices
- Exhibitions, publications, and uncovering new cultural links
About The Course:
SOL is a new programme of creative learning for speakers of other languages. The course is non-accredited so is open to all levels of English ability. It is aimed at building confidence and professional creative skills, as well as developing a personal relationship with the cultural spaces of the city. Over 24 months (August 2019 – July 2021) we will visit galleries all over the city, and work together to understand their exhibitions and events. With help from curators and artists the visits will be an opportunity to develop specific language skills for expressing yourself, and listening to emotional language.
- Two years of free Art & English classes
- Every week you’ll work with new ideas, get to know new people, and find out about Liverpool.
- Every month you’ll visit a new gallery, and find out about exhibitions from people who work there.
- At the end of each year there will be a group exhibition & book.
- Who: Open to refugees, asylum seekers & vulnerable migrants
- What: Non-accredited ESOL & Creative learning
- When: Starts 5th August, 2-5pm
- Where: Tate Liverpool
- How Much: £0, Free
Weekly sessions, every Monday from 2-5pm
at Tate Liverpool.
Register for a free place: email email@example.com
Free places are funded by Liverpool City Council for refugees, asylum seekers
and vulnerable migrants. Places are limited.