Women & The Future: A Diverse Actions Commission, Lancaster Arts
Deadline 12noon Wednesday 18th April
Working together with Live Art UK (the national network of Live Art promoters), Lancaster Arts is now offering a Diverse Actions commission for a new piece to premiere as part of its autumn 2018 Season.
Who can apply?
For this opportunity, we welcome applications by women from a BAME background who are:
– based in the North of England (Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, Cumbria, Durham, North Yorkshire, East Riding of Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Cheshire)
– have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience as an artist (working within any art form, so long as your proposal is for a piece of Live Art)
We recognise and acknowledge the fluidity of the aforementioned terms and encourage applicants to self-define.
– A commission/artist’s fee of £3,000
– A materials budget of up to £500
– A marketing and evaluation budget of up to £500
– Access to rehearsal space and research facilities at Lancaster Arts
– Technical support
– Travel and accommodation costs
– Marketing, communications and evaluation support
– Dramaturgical and producer support
– A long term and in depth relationship with Lancaster Arts
– The opportunity to premiere the piece as part of Lancaster Arts Autumn 2018 season