Whitworth Young Contemporaries Emerging Artist, The Whitworth
- Closes 7th July 2017
- Type Part time
- Salary Paid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Contact Sally Thelwell email@example.com
The Whitworth is looking for two emerging artists from any arts discipline to help us shape Whitworth Young Contemporaries.
You will use South Asian art to inspire groups of young people to engage with the gallery and have the opportunity to develop skills as a creative practitioner working specifically with a 15-25 audience.
What you will do:
• Using your skills as an artist, cultural producer and workshop leader you will work collaboratively with young people, gallery learning and curatorial staff to develop ideas.
• Drawing inspiration from our South Asian exhibitions and collections, including textiles exhibition Beyond Borders and contemporary work from Raqs Media Collective you will plan and deliver workshops to engage South Asian youth groups.
• Support the development of our artistic programming.
Who you are:
• You are an emerging artist from any arts discipline (e.g dancer, musician, visual artists, poet, theatre performer, writer, rapper, sculptor etc) aged 25 or under.
• Have a connection, understanding or interest in South Asian art, culture and communities.
• You have an interest and ability to engage young people aged 15-25 from all backgrounds.
• You are interested in working collaboratively, in partnership with artists and young people across art forms.
• You are able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. As we are committed to the principles of the Race Equality Charter Mark, we would particularly welcome applications from the black and minority ethnic (BME) community who are currently under-represented at this level in this area. All appointments will be made on merit.
£2,000 for approximately 30 days work September 2017 – March 2018 (approx. 1 day per week- mainly Thursdays or Saturdays)
Successful applicants will need enhanced DBS status.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 7th July.
Please include up to 3 images / a sound clip / a video or anything that represents your work and tell us why you want to join us. Interviews to be held 20th July with a start date of September.