22 July – 27 July 2010
Four Corners is Culture Liverpool’s major community participation arts project. This year, using the theme of Health and Wellbeing, this project will be exploring healthy neighbourhoods, healthy relationships, healthy minds and healthy bodies. There will be an exhibition and a whole programme of activity ranging from Yoga and Tai Chi in the garden to Origami workshops and Lunchtime Poetry planned in for you to enjoy.
The material for the exhibition is created within the neighbourhoods of Liverpool by people from all walks of life and carries with it a collective message. Some of the participants have never done anything like this before and for them it is an opportunity to try new ways of expression and communication. For all of us, Four Corners is an uncertain journey; we never know quite where we will end up, but there is no denying that the work produced will be beautiful, unique and thought provoking.
A highlight is Wellbeing Sunday on 25 July. Wellbeing Sunday will invite visitors to learn more about alternative and complimentary health and wellbeing practice as well as an opportunity to relax and reflect.
The Bluecoat will be offering a Family Friendly Four Corners healthy menu including healthy lunch boxes, with a free gift for children to accompany the exhibition and you may find some of the exhibits on the move as certain pieces unexpectedly get up and go through the space.
Open daily from 10am – 6pm In sandon room, garden room, front courtyard, rear garden, small courtyard, bistro and hub (Sunday 25 July also in performance space).
All of the events listed are Free and places are limited, please reserve your place well in advance or arrive early to avoid disappointment.
Programme of activities:
Thursday 22 July
10 – 11am Tai Chi
in the rear garden. reserve your place by contacting Bluecoat info and tickets. Please wear flat comfortable footwear – instructor Martin Ryan.
12 – 2pm Pop Up Performance
Poetry, Dance, Exhibition pieces moving around The Bluecoat and Music popping up when you least expect it!
Friday 23 July
2 – 3pm Armchair Dancing*
‘for people who would be happy dancing whilst sitting’ in LIC studio, reserve your place by contacting Bluecoat Tickets and Information.
* Armchair dancing. Wheelchair accessible. Carer support worker welcome. Suitable for people with limited mobility delivered in LIC studio by Mary Prestidge specialist dance teacher.
12 – 2pm Pop Up Performance
5.30 – 6.30pm Tai Chi
in the rear garden. Please wear flat comfortable footwear – instructor Martin Ryan.
7.30 – 9.30pm A Conversation With Four Corners ‘How was it for you?’
an evening of exploration and examination. Key speakers and panel discussion in the performance space.
Limited places available reserve your place by contacting Bluecoat Tickets and Information.
Saturday 24 July
11am – 12pm Childrens Yoga*
in the performance space, reserve your place by contacting Bluecoat Tickets and
Information – instructor Debbie Radcliffe.
* Children’s Yoga from 4yrs – 12yrs years parents/guardians are welcome to watch but children only participants – instructor Debbie Radcliffe.
2 – 3pm Relaxing Yoga (adults only)
in the performance space, reserve your place by contacting Bluecoat Tickets and Information.; please bring own mat or towel – instructor Debbie Radcliffe.
12 – 4pm Four Corners Family Fun!*
in the rear garden – FREE family friendly activities workshops including Knitting
Graffiti, Learning Origami, Fruit and Veg Printing and more!
* FOUR CORNERS FAMILY FUN – all children under the age of 18yrs must be accompanied by an adult.
6 – 6.30pm Four Corners Performance
in the performance space.
Sunday 25 July
2 – 5pm Well Being Sunday*
in the small courtyard – Alternative therapies taster and awareness day including, Reiki, Indian Head massage, Reflexology, Homeopathy. Places will be allocated on the day. Limited places available.
* Well Being Sunday please note that all taster sessions are for over 18’s only, all taster sessions are delivered by fully qualified therapists information available on the day.
Monday 26 July
10 – 11am Armchair Dancing
for people who would be happy dancing whilst sitting in LIC studio reserve your place by contacting Bluecoat Tickets and Information.
12pm – 2pm Pop Up Performance
2pm – 4pm Charities Awareness Day
– in the hub and rear garden, including SUNFLOWERS – supporting people living with cancer and MOWLL – moving on with life and learning supporting adults and young people labelled as having mental health issues and learning disabilities. Stalls in the HUB and Garden Area of The Bluecoat providing information on their work, the services that they offer and people they support.