Technical Officer (Audio and Radio), Manchester Metropolitan University
- Closes: 27th February 2019
- Type: Full time
- Salary: Paid (£25k-30k)
- Contact: Chris Briden email@example.com
We are looking to recruit a Technical Officer with knowledge and experience of Audio and Radio production to work within Technical Services in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. This presents an exciting opportunity for a creative and practical individual with a real passion for the subject area. In this role, you will:
- Develop and deliver training on complex audio equipment;
- Provide reactive support to staff and students across the faculty when using the radio studios or software;
- Maintain and improve the standard of radio and audio equipment
To be successful in this role you will:
- Enjoy problem solving, and be able to apply your radio and audio knowledge and skills to support the work of students and academics
- Have excellent attention to detail to check equipment in both the radio studios and AV store;
- Have the ability and experience to provide technical advice, training and instruction as part of the teaching team
- Be education focused with skills and experience to support learning, teaching, and research activities across a broad range of subject areas, when audio and radio facilities.
You will also be a proactive and innovative individual who is capable of delivering new ways of working to continuously improve the service we deliver with particular focus on the student experience. Above all, we are looking for creative individuals who can effectively manage and implement resources and provide support to a multi-skilled and talented group of technical staff.
To apply please submit a CV and Cover letter, detailing how you meet the essential criteria contained in the attached job description and person specification.
For informal enquiries about vacancy, please contact Chris Briden, Technical Services Business Partner – C.Briden@mmu.ac.uk