Re-blogged fron NML blog…
The temptation to go overboard with footballing puns is almost overwhelming but I’ll give it a go.
Only A Game?, the UEFA football exhibition currently at World Museum Liverpool, features lots of loaned objects including trophies, medals, shirts and football memorabilia. Over the coming weeks there are going to be more substitutions than you get in your average international friendly (well, not quite), with items going in and out of the exhibition. They are:
- Everton Collection objects, including the UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup medal but excluding the Barcelona Cup – last chance to see these is 8 March
- UEFA Cup – last day to see this is 3 March
- The following all arrive on 4 March –
- UEFA Competition for National Representative Women’s Teams trophy (1982/84 – 1987/89)
- UEFA European Women’s Championship trophy (1989/91- 1999/2001)
- UEFA European Women’s Championship trophy (new trophy used from 2003/05 onwards)
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship trophy and winners’ medals
There may be other changes so if you are coming to see a specific object you might want to phone the museum or check the Only A Game? webpages to make sure it is available. Either way there is lots to see during any visit.