SKETCH OPEN 2017 – Sketchbook Drawing Prize
Submissions are now open for SKETCH OPEN 2017, the sketchbook drawing prize awarded for artists’ sketchbooks.
The competition and touring exhibition SKETCH, aims to promote the diversity and importance of drawing and the role of the sketchbook in contemporary creative practice. For the first time SKETCH will be open to international as well as UK based artists. One hundred Sketchbooks will be chosen through an open submission process by a panel of three selectors with subject expertise representing the perspectives of writer, practitioner and curator.
This competition offers unique opportunities for the selected artists to develop their ideas with the help of the following prizes.
- Rabley Print Editioning Prize
- Black Swan Arts Solo Exhibition Prize
- Plymouth College of Art Student Prize (Artists Access to Art Colleges award that gives a career boost with access to studios and facilities)
- Lancaster Arts Prize – For early career artist – artist to be selected from Sketch17 by
- Sarah Casey, Gerry Davies and Lancaster Arts. £500 commission and two portfolio sessions to support development of practice.
- Rabley Drawing Centre
- Plymouth College of Art
- Black Swan Arts, Frome
- Peter Scott Gallery, Lancaster
27 Mar – Submission deadline
4/5/6 April – Selection Day (TBC)
21 -28 April – Sketchbook deliveries by post to Rabley
28-30 April – Sketchbook drop off in person
For enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details and how to apply: http://www.rableydrawingcentre.com/events/rabley-sketch-open-drawing-prize.html