Deadline: 5pm on Friday 30 October 2015. Paid, Part time.
Job Title: Residency Co-ordinator
Salary: Part-time Freelance fixed fee £2700
This is an exciting opportunity to lead on the development of a new Residency programme for Abingdon Studios. This key role will liaise with the studio coordinator and associated partners to schedule activity and commission up to 8 short artist’s residencies to run over a 1 year period.
This is a freelance position offered through funding received from a successful Arts Council England Grants for the Arts application.
About Abingdon Studios
Abingdon Studios is the only artist studios in Blackpool focused on developing the contemporary visual arts ecology and professionally developing practicing artists to take risks and make new work that can lead to further opportunities.
Abingdon Studios seeks to act as a conduit for talent development in collaboration with key partners including Blackpool Council, Grundy Art Gallery and LeftCoast; with a view to positioning Abingdon Studios as a sustainable independent resource for continued professional development of artists.
Abingdon Studios is funded by Blackpool Council, LeftCoast and Arts Council England with support from Grundy Art Gallery and Blackpool & Fylde College School of Creative Arts and Digital Industries.
We want to:
• Develop talent in a dedicated site for contemporary visual arts, working in collaboration with key partners Grundy Art Gallery
• Create network opportunities, engaging with national and regional artists
• Provide a range of residency opportunities for contemporary artists to produce new work.
• Explore the studios organisational development to become a sustainable identity.
- A current CV
- Links to any works, events, programmes that you have successfully delivered
- Links to personal works (if relevant) or curatorial works
- A Cover Letter outlining your reasons for applying and what you feel you will bring to the role (Maximum 500 words)
Deadline for applications 5pm on Friday 30th October
A shortlist will be determined on Monday 2nd Nov 2015 with interviews established for Thursday 5th Nov. (Please state if you have a preference towards morning or afternoon for interview)
Please read the full description on the website before applying for the role.