Red Dot Visual Arts Festival
Liverpool-based artist collective Red Dot
(www.red-dotexhibitions.co.uk) stage their first-ever visual arts festival in March at the Liverpool Centre for Arts Development (LCAD).
Subjects to be covered include:
* urban and industrial landscape and photography
(workshop run by photographer John Davies);
• the Liverpool art scene post 08 (debate chaired by
Rachael Boden from Splinter Design):
• arranging and managing an art exhibition (workshop run by Jane Fairhurst from OK Studios);
• introduction to digital photography (workshop run by Sue Milburn from Calumet Photography and Louise Spellacy, professional photographer));
• the role of community arts in Liverpool; (debate chaired by Alex Corrina from Slaughterhouse Gallery);
• art funding (for artists and art organisation) (workshop run by Ged Simpson – funding adviser at LCVS – Liverpool Charity Voluntary Services;
• art and the web (debate chaired by Open Eye Gallery founder and photographer Peter Hagerty);
• Disabilty Arts. (debate chaired by Alison Jones from NWDAF -North West Disability Arts Forum)).
The festival will run from 4-7 March and will be held each day (except 5 March) between 10am – 5pm. All sessions will be FREE to attend
• Tue 4 March 10am – 12-30pm Introduction to digital photography
• Tue 4 March 2pm – 4-30pm Urban & Industrial photography
• Wed 5 March 9-30am – 12pm Art funding
• Wed 5 March 2pm – 4-30pm Role of community arts in Liverpool
• Thur 6 March 10am -12-30pm Arranging/managing an art exhibition
• Thur 6 March 2pm – 4-30pm Liverpool art scene post 08
• Fri 7 March 10am – 12-30pm Disability Arts
• Fri 7 March 2pm – 4-30pm Art and the Web
For further information about the timetable of events or to book a place to attend a workshop or debate, contact festival organiser Colin Serjent email: email@example.com
mob: 077 5952 5075.
LCAD is located at 2a Franceys Street (off Brownlow Hill) in Liverpool city centre. The building has full disability access.