Deadline: Friday 29 January 2016, 12:00.
Location: Midland Railway Building
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, Flexi-time working, Employee Assistance Programme, Travel Loan and Childcare Voucher Scheme
Job Type: Fixed Term [F]
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Deputy Director of World Museum, the post holder will:
- Be responsible for the care and conservation of textiles, in particular wrapped mummies, intended for display in phase 2 of the museum’s Ancient Egypt gallery.
- Provide authoritative advice and support for the delivery of display and storage improvements for these collections.
- Provide conservation care for the Egyptian textiles including condition assessments and treatment.
- Contribute to the documentation of the collections on the NML database (Mimsy XG) and in the object history files relating to condition assessments and treatments.
- Contribute to installation planning.
Make the Egyptian textile collections accessible through photography, interpretation and web resources.
- Liaise with and provide information to colleagues in Marketing and Communications for publicity and press.
- Contribute to effective and efficient use of resources including monitoring spend and record keeping to support budget management.
- Assist with the supervision of support staff, as necessary.
- Undertake relevant administrative duties associated with the movement of objects, materials, structures and equipment, and the ordering of supplies.
For full details, visit the website.