Deadline: 5pm Monday 7 March 2016.
Location: Metal, Edge Hill Station, Tunnel road, Liverpool L7 6ND
Contract type: Temporary contract – 6 months duration
Contract hours: Four days per week – including some weekend and evening working
Contract period: April – October 2016
Metal was founded in London in 2002 by Jude Kelly OBE. It has been active in Liverpool since 2004, in Southend-on-Sea since 2007 and in Peterborough since 2012.
From these bases, Metal works to provide the catalyst that can transform the potential of people and places, exploring the impact of art and artists’ practices on civic and civil society.
Metal produces an exciting multidisciplinary programme of international and UK artists in residence and runs a wide range of events, exhibitions and participatory projects.
Phone: +44(0)151 707 2277
This role will be to provide production and facilitation support for Metal’s regional Director and Senior Project Manager, handling a varied programme of events and supporting a range of artist projects over 2016. These projects include a high profile music event and several large scale public realm artist commissions.
The project assistant will be involved in event planning, logistics and delivery through liaison with artists, partners, press and media, funders, and audience representing Metal’s wider strategies and supporting the aims of the organisation.
Targets for Project Assistant:
• Liaise with selected artists for forthcoming public realm art projects
• Oversee fabrication and safe implementation of created works for specific locations
• Manage event teams for three large scale participatory outdoor events
• Identify and liaise with freelancers and other agencies involved in the delivery of these projects
• Support with project publicity, volunteers programmes and evaluation
• Input into development of ideas, joint strategy meetings, partner meetings
• Encourage wider participation in Metal’s projects
• Input into development of promotional materials, marketing strategies and project documentation – with support from Metal’s core team
• Support involvement of local community groups, schools and partners in projects
• Create all relevant plans, reports, evaluations
Terms and Conditions
The successful applicant will be required to work on a freelance/ self-employed basis and will be responsible for their own NI/Tax contributions.
The fee for this role is £9000 (inclusive of VAT) covering a six month period
The initial contract will cover 53 days. Payment will be made against submitted invoices/ claims setting out the actual hours worked – the frequency of submission to be agreed.
Metal will not pay travel and subsistence expenses but will reimburse some legitimate work-related expense approved in advance.
To apply for this post please email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com, systematically outlining how your skills and experience match all the points on the given person specification.
Deadline: 5pm Monday 7th March
Interviews to be held: Friday 18th March
Ideal start date: Friday 1st April
For full details, visit the website.