- Duration: Permanent
- Salary: £20,000 to £27,000 per annum
- Working Hours/Pattern: Full Time – 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 0900-1700 hours
- Annual Leave: 30 days per year plus bank holidays
- Location: The Reader, Calderstones Park, Liverpool L18 3JB (National travel may be required)
- Reporting to: Associate Director of Development and Communications
- Deadline for applications: 9 am, Friday 23 March 2018 (Please note applications arriving after 9am will not be considered).
The post holder will have a strategic overview of all The Reader’s partnerships and will be instrumental in progressing key relationships, seeking potential new fruitful partnership opportunities, and working collaboratively across teams to develop a coherent approach to partnership development across the organisation.
Partnership working is crucial to The Reader’s two key programmes:
- The development of a national network of Shared Reading groups – putting Shared Reading into the hands of committed, trained volunteers who have the local networks, relationships and passion to set up and lead their own reading communities
- Growing a community based on Shared Reading at our organisational home in Calderstones Park, Liverpool, where we are transforming Calderstones’ grade II listed Mansion House into the International Centre for Shared Reading, with a broad community programme and expanded social enterprise.
We are looking to build on our track record of collaborating with a variety of cross-sector partners who can host and promote shared reading groups, as well as those who can embed groups as part of their service provision and via staff / volunteer training.
Partners range from community groups to libraries, housing associations to arts organisations, national charities and companies. Partnerships will also be key to delivering our outreach programmes at and from Calderstones, to ensure we reach diverse communities and ensuring that the site is accessible to all.
This is a target driven role, and in the first year, the post holder will be accountable for recruiting an agreed number of partners, leading to increased volunteer recruitment and the establishment of additional Shared Reading Groups.
- Maintain a Stakeholder map and pipeline of all existing and potential partnerships and be able to assess partners for wider strategic collaboration across the UK, in line with The Reader’s Business plan and project KPIs
- Work closely with the Head of Social Enterprise, Community Development Manager and Development Manager to manage this pipeline, setting up a joined up approach to relationship management and ensuring partners have clear leads and progression strategies
- Work with Directors Group to develop a partnership strategy for The Reader
Download the job description below for full details.
How to apply:
Please do not just send in a CV. Please download the full application form, job description and recruitment pack below. You will also find an article by The Reader’s founder and director Jane Davis for your information. Please complete the application form and submit to email@example.com.