ONE of Liverpool’s oldest libraries is proving popular following work to give it a huge facelift.
Old Swan library opened in 1913 as a reading room, with books originally brought in by hand cart from nearby Lister Drive library. An extension was added in the 1960’s to create a children’s library.
The new look building includes new fixtures and fittings, self-service points so people can take out and return books themselves and a ‘Surfzone’ with access to state of the art computers with free internet and email facilities.
The library receives more than 120,000 visits per year and loans over 80,000 books.