Great, I love these things. Roll on December 1st!
ONLINE ADVENT CALENDAR
Get in the Christmas spirit with National Museums Liverpool
Concerned about wasting paper? Hate advent calendar chocolates? Then try National Museums Liverpool’s online advent calendar, which reveals hidden treasures behind every door.
Live from 1 December 2007 at www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/online/advent this fun and interactive feature will help you get in a festive mood in the run up to the big day.
Images of Christmas events and artefacts from National Museums Liverpool’s collections are revealed every day providing insights into popular festive traditions, as well as historic reminders of past Christmases. The calendar provides a rare glimpse at objects currently in store.
In the advent calendar you can:
* find out how The Beatles sent exclusive Christmas wishes to their fan club members in the 1960s.
* learn how George Formby, ‘Five Yorkshire Lasses’ and the Earl of Derby helped to feed Liverpool’s poor at Christmas almost 100 years ago.
* find out why decorating your house with holly and ivy could lead to a harmonious Christmas.
* see a poignant card sent by a Liverpool soldier to his mother during the First World War.
* discover how the Norse god Odin may have inspired a Christmas tradition.