New Culture Company Board announced
The Liverpool Culture Company is pleased to announce the members of the new slimmed down Board.
Following this week’s Board meeting, where the programme of events for Capital of Culture 2008 were endorsed, the decision was taken to slim down the Board to ensure that it is able to react more quickly and fast track decisions for the 08 schedule.
The new Board will focus its efforts on ensuring a quick response approach to two key areas, finance and creativity.
The Liverpool 08 Board comprises:-
* Bryan Gray, MBE DL – Chairman – responsible for finance
* Cllr Warren Bradley – Deputy Chair and Leader of Liverpool City Council – Responsible for community relations
* Phil Redmond, CBE – Deputy Chair, responsible for creative direction
* Professor Drummond Bone – Vice Chancellor, University of Liverpool
* Cllr Mike Storey, CBE – Liverpool City Council’s Executive Member for Regeneration
* Tom Bloxham, MBE – Chairman of Arts Council England – North West
Bryan Gray, Chairman, said: “We have moved quickly to complete the formation of the new Board in order to focus our attention on delivery of the 2008 programme which was agreed earlier this week. This is a very strong Board which will work hard on behalf of the people of Liverpool, the wider region and the country to deliver European Capital of Culture 2008 on behalf of the UK.
’’We all look forward to working with the Liverpool Culture Company Chief Executive Jason Harborow and his team over the coming year.
‘’I wish to thank publicly everyone who has served on the Culture Company Board since Liverpool won the nomination. We are keen to continue benefiting from their knowledge, experience and enthusiasm through the Cultural Group, which Phil Redmond will lead. We will also work with all sectors of the community and all our sponsors and supporters to ensure that Liverpool delivers the best possible year.