Get inspired … at the Walker – Poetry competition
What sort of paintings inspire you? Those with flame-haired Pre-Raphaelite muses or striking 20th century works? National Poetry Day is on Thursday 8 October 2009 and we want you to be involved. Get inspired by a painting at the Walker Art Gallery, write a poem about it and send it to us. We’ll publish a selection of them on the website and pick one winning poem. The winner can choose one poetry book from this selection:
• ‘Rapture’ by Carol Ann Duffy (hardback)
• ‘The Mersey Sound’ by Roger McGough, Brian Patten and Adrian Henri (paperback)
• ‘Andraste’s Hair’ by Eleanor Rees (hardback)
The theme for this year’s National Poetry Day is ‘heroes and heroines’, so we have put together a selection of paintings that we think fit in with this idea on the website. So now it’s your turn to look through our paintings and get inspired!
How to enter:
• Browse the paintings on the link below and find something that inspires you.
• Write your poem.
• Send it to us by Monday 2 November using the online form.
Full details online: http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/online/getinspired.aspx
And at the Bluecoat
Illustration of Nathan Jones
Date: Thursday, 08 October 2009 | 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Ticket Prices: Free
The Bluecoat’s poet-in-residence explores the Bluecoat’s hidden poetry. Come and be inspired by the beautiful surroundings.