Marketing Officer, National Museums Liverpool
For more information, or to apply: Click here
Marketing and Communications
* Applications for these positions are via CV. Please add a covering letter to your CV before uploading.
1 x 29.6 hours fixed term (Maternity Cover) to November 2017, or until the post holder returns which ever is sooner.
1 x 37 hours fixed term to 06/07/2018
Purpose of the role
To promote National Museums Liverpool and its museums and galleries, via marketing campaigns, both corporately and for specific exhibitions and events.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Marketing and Publications Manager, the post holder will:
- Devise marketing plans for venues, exhibitions and projects, and lead on specific campaigns and programmes.
- Support income generation by effectively marketing NML’s Trading and fundraising activities.
- Improve our digital engagement with visitors by contributing to the team’s social media output.
- Liaise with the research team to ensure campaigns are effectively targeted and evaluated.
- Effectively project-manage marketing campaigns and associated budgets.
- Liaise with colleagues in the press office and web team to ensure marketing campaigns are integrated with communication and digital plans.
- Assist in the development of departmental databases, supporting CRM and ensuring accurate and appropriate marketing applications.
- Monitor systems to ensure that promotional materials are targeted and distributed creatively and effectively.
- Monitor and contribute to other organisations’ websites such as Visit Liverpool, to promote NML’s venues, exhibitions and events.
- Promote the most positive image of National Museums Liverpool to key stakeholders.
- Maintain effective communications and working relationships between staff and other colleagues within the organisation.
- Maintain and initiate regular contact with external organisations across the arts, business and government communities to build on existing partnerships for mutual benefit, and to develop joint marketing initiatives.
- Enhance and maintain the profile and reputation of National Museums Liverpool regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Manage personal workload and keep accurate and complete records, files, budgets and evaluation reports.
- Deputise for the Marketing and Publications Manager and provide cover for colleagues within the team as required.
- Undertake other duties of a similar nature as may be required from time to time.
- Develop National Museums Liverpool’s commitment to Equality and Diversity and promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
- The post holder will be expected to show the highest level of integrity and confidentiality in the provision of these duties.
- Adhere to National Museums Liverpool’s Health and Safety, Access and Safeguarding policies and procedures, as well as other appropriate practices and guidelines.
The details contained in this job description reflect the content of this job at the date of being prepared. It is however, possible that over time the nature of the job will change. Consequently, National Museums Liverpool will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.